Accelerate Team Performance with Emergenetics
Draft OPM SF182, Section B - Training Course Data: SF182 Accelerating Team Performance DRAFT.pdf
This 4-session "leadership lab," aligned with OPM Executive Core Qualification: 2 (Leading People), equips leaders to create high-performing teams by utilizing Emergenetics to tap into each employee’s innate strengths and align team members with the mission of their organization.
In this workshop, leaders will gain the tools they need to strengthen collaboration, alignment, and inclusion to achieve results.
This is not your average series on leadership. Unlike the ever growing number of webinars that seem more like a monologue; we will explore a dynamic digital multilogue powered by MURAL.
During this hands-on, 4-part “leadership lab” we will:
- Strengthen your ability to lead and align remote distributed and non-distributed teams
- Recognize and maximize the benefits of Thinking and Behavioral diversity
- Integrate a WE approach (cognitively inclusive approach) with Emergenetics to enhance team outcomes.
- Examine individual and team interactions, relationships, engagement, and results.
- Adapt behavior to improve communication, productivity, customer services, and culture
- Align team actions and outcomes to the priorities of your organization and your unique mission
- Identify and leverage your leadership superpowers to quickly adapt to changing team and organizational dynamics
- Learn to spot the friction that may be derailing your efforts and pick up a few tips to help get back on track
- Identify changes in the collaborative leadership landscape as it’s being shaped by the pandemic and technology
- Develop a personal leadership action plan to apply your new skills immediately with your teams
Multilogue with Peter, Angela,Teresa, and Zikiria as we examine the new realities of collaborative leadership and apply your Emergenetics strengths to create inclusive high-performing teams. During the webinar we will be immersed in the multilogue so please join on a device with a full size screen such as a tablet or laptop. If social distancing protocols at the time of the workshop permit & all participants agree, sessions may be conducted in-person in the metro Washington D.C. area.
Participant Toolkit and Resources (you will receive):
- Using the Emergenetics Spectrum Report and Emergenetics+ Digital App, create a leadership action plan to strengthen team alignment with your organizational mission, improve team and customer collaboration, and ensure inclusion in traditional/distributed work teams. (OPM ECQ: 2 Leading People)
- Assess team dynamics to proactively reduce unproductive conflict resulting from patterns of cognitive bias and integrate appropriate actions in a team charter using the WE Canvas for Teams. (OPM ECQ: 2 Leading People, Conflict Management)
- Create a psychologically safe and trusting team culture that fosters productive collaboration, transparency, and commitment to excellence in meeting your organizational mission (OPM ECQ: 2 Leading People, Team Building)
- Digital participant guide
- Pre & Post Session eLearning
- Individual Roadmap and Action Plan
- Digital We Canvas for each team member
- We Canvas for Teams for each team
Leadership Lab Sessions will be held:
- Thursday, 23 July 2020
- Monday, 27 July 2020
- Thursday, 20 August 2020
- Thursday, 27 August 2020
These sessions are presented by Ventivia, LLC
Peter Baverso, PMP®, ACP®, CSSBB®, is on a mission to help 10,000,000 people liberate their potential. Peter is an experienced thought leader, active in the organizational development and lean/agile performance community since 1996. Peter leads Ventivia, LLC; is President of the Potomac Chapter of the International Society for Performance Improvement; served as the human performance lead for the US Marine Corps Systems Command and as Adjunct Faculty for the University of Phoenix, John Sperling School of Management; and is Board Member of the Innovation and Organizational Change Management Institute. Peter helps leaders at all levels achieve smarter communication, faster collaboration, and stronger commitment with evidence-based tools and practices that accelerate innovation and impact. He is the author of the EX5 Innovation Framework, Human Performance Architecture Framework, and Agile from the Heart™ Leadership Development & Coaching Program.
Peter is also certified trainer and mentor with the HeartMath® Institute and is a core member of "Activating the Heart of Teams," Global Cohort. Peter is also an Emergenetics® Certified Associate, bringing the neuroscience of teams to organizations around the world.
Angela Low is a Senior Workforce Development professional at the Department of Homeland, Office of Inspector General in Washington D.C. She has 14 years experience in mission support capacities with the Department of State and Department of Defense domestically and abroad. She holds a B.A in Government and International Politics from George Mason University, a B.S in Instructional Design and Technology from Texas A &M University and is a PhD in Education Candidate at George Mason University. Angela is also an Emergenetics® Certified Associate, with a research interest in applying Emergenetics in the Federal workforce.
Teresa Valais, MA is a Learning Architect and digital learning designer with strong project management skills. As an eLearning instructional design specialist, she is experienced in the full instructional design life cycle and multiple methods of training implementation. Her projects include leadership development, train-the-trainer, and workforce development in higher education, government, and non-profit institutions.
Ms. Valais combines expert knowledge and application of adult learning and instructional design principles. She has extensive background designing the blueprints for graduate level courses in higher education and managing large-scale government online and blended professional development projects involving complex communications with diverse constituencies across the globe. Interculturally competent, Teresa offers a high tolerance for ambiguity and proven ability to manage diverse, cross-functional teams using strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Zikiria Chaudhary, is an Agilist with experience connecting stakeholders to deliver value and empower organizations. He develops innovative products by working with organizations from ideation to delivery. His client work has focused on product management, program/change management, strategic analysis, and training. This work has culminated in a modified mapping technique resulting in rapid prototype, design, and development of products. Zikiria’s clients span the Financial Services, SaaS, Consumer Products, Government, Education, and International Development industries. Currently, he serves as President and Chief Agilist of CITAZ LLC, where ideas become reality. He also serves on the board of the International Society of Performance Improvement - Potomac Chapter as Director of the Innovation Institute.
It’s our moral obligation as leaders to cultivate the superpowers of our people for the 4th Industrial People Re-Evolution.
ISPI Potomac: We are the professional home for innovative leaders, educators, consultants, and designers in Federal, State, and Local Government; International Development; Education; and Non-Government Organizations around the world. Our people share a commitment to community, collaboration, and co-creation to help make our world a better place for all.
ISPI Potomac, founded on the Native American lands of the Piscataway, Nacotchtank (Anacostan), and Manahoac peoples of North America.